So what do you really need in your gluten free cookies: You need them to be delicious. Sure. These cookies should look presentable, you would say? But what about nutrition facts? What about sugar and carbohydrate content? Are these cookies good for you and your kids?
When it comes to your family you are trying very hard to raise your kids right. You invest in their education, too. So investing in their health or your own health must be the most important thing. I know it is most important for me.
How can you invest in great health? The first thing is to purchase healthier food options. Sometime healthier food products may be much more expensive. But again, isn’t this the most important investment?
You can find many great tasting GF cookies today.
There are many gluten-free cookies in your nearest health food store. There are many gluten free cookies in your nearest supermarket. There are plenty of GF cookies available on the market to suit any picky eater today.
How can you invest in great health? The first thing is to purchase healthier food options (which may be pricier). But again, isn’t this the most important investment?
I know that you realize that you should not really overindulge with cookies, even if they are wheat free cookies. But once in a while… if you have complete self control..if you are not flaring from an inflammatory condition; then why not have just have a little guilt free wheat free cookie.
Although recently my friend tried arguing that eating should only be for survival and not for pleasure, I have to disagree here. I think eating should be for pleasure. If we were created to be able to feel the pleasure from eating a delicious meal so there has to be a reason for having that enjoyment. But overeating is a whole different story.
Food should not be a subject of guilt. Food should not be looked at as a bad thing, or as an enemy. Food is vital for our system. It is completely up to you to have full control of what you place in your mouth…When I say full control I exclude those with food addictions.
Tips for getting healthier Gluten Free Cookies.
- Get the healthier choice of flour in your cookies. Try avoiding genetically containing flours like GMO soy flour or GMO white rice flours.
- Try avoiding those gluten-free (GF) cookies that have “other ingredients” or even “other natural ingredients” on the nutritional facts on the box.
- Avoid artificial ingredients always when choosing your GF cookies. These are very not good for you!
- Avoid hydrogenated oils, saturated fats in your gluten free cookies
- Get the least possible amount of sugar. Try not to go over 7 grams per serving.